31 days to whole ~ what i wore ~ pattern mixing...



Happy Sunday Y'all. 

First I just wanted to say thank you for all the love and support for me and my family as we begin a new adventure. Jerry and I were blown away by all the emails, Facebook messages and even flowers that were sent to celebrate my new job. I promise you I will not leave you hear all alone. I have gotten further clarification on what I am able to do here in this space now that I am working. 

One of the things I should be able to continue is the What I Wore posts. I know Y'all love these and I am happy they can be continued. I love encouraging women to embrace their bodies, no matter what size or shape. We are ALL made in the image and likeness of Our Lord. Our bodies do amazing things like bring forth life and once here work hard to sustain it. 

We are made to be the hands and feet of the Lord. We need to care for the Temple of the Holy Spirit God has provided for our specific care. This 31 Days to Whole experiment has taught me many lessons in regards to treating my body with respect. I will have another post up tonight explaining what I have learned. 



Right now let's discuss pattern mixing shall we? I love color. I love pattern. If I didn't look like a tablecloth, I would be wearing plaid everyday, I love it that much. Pattern mixing is a fun way to extend your wardrobe. Everything I am wearing has been in my closet for over a year. I don't think I have every put these pieces together before. 

One of the key points of pattern mixing is to chose one color that is in each piece. I chose royal blue for today. My secondary color was black. I went into my closet and pulled out clothes that contained those colors. Then I just started putting outfits together on my bed. I knew I would be wearing black shoes, but I do have a pair of royal blue pumps for the next time I put together another outfit in the color hue. 

Another concept of pattern mixing is to give the eye a break. You want to look put together not like a clown who is color blind. So editing your look is key. This is one reason why I lay it out on my bed first. I want to make sure that I am not trying to hard to make something work together and I always ask my husband for his opinion because I know that if I have pushed the color/pattern limit, he will tell me right away. 



Today I paired some Lane Bryant palazzo pants with a Jones New York keyhole tank. I added on a black and white Lucky Laso jacket with a soft graphic print and fab zipper details. My earring are from BabubleBar, and my shoes are I.N.C. from Macy's. The clutch was a gift. Simple makeup with a little more eye definition completes the look. It's comfy and a little edgy for me. 

Yesterday, Jerry and I had the opportunity to meet up with some old Navy friends who were in town with their family for a high school football game. Their son was playing one of our local Catholic High teams, so we took the opportunity to spend the afternoon together watching the game and catching up. 

I wore rolled up jeans and a "golden" sweater as my sweet four-year old friend Miss Lily would say. I paired it with neutral flats, a fall floral scarf and drop earrings. Comfy but stylish I think. It worked for me. 



What a beautiful day for some football. A breeze in the air, cool but not cold with the leaves just bragging with all their brilliant colors on display. Then there was the company. Such an absolute delight. Thanks Tom and susan for hosting us. Navy friends are life long friends. 

What did you wear to Mass today? Share your outfits and ideas in the com box. 

Have a great week, 



Labels: , , , , , ,