31 days to whole ~ days 27 and 28 ~ 10 months, eight years and a new challenge...

Me and my girl in October of 2013

The last 48 hours have been a whirlwind of life. So many things to share...so many changes coming. 

First off, I am four days away from the end of this little 31 Days to Whole experiment and the Holy Spirit has kicked things into high gear. 

Yesterday was the ten month anniversary of our beautiful girls death. What a day!! We were supposed to get a new gas hot water heater to replace the flooding disaster we currently have. We had no idea how to pay for it but once more, God provided an avenue and it was supposed to be put in yesterday. 

You know what I'm going to say now, right? I mean it is a Lenaburg evolution after all. 

Well Sears "lost" our water heater. Yep..."lost" it. How that happens I am not quite sure but it happened non-the-less. It was such a pain in the watootsie!! Jerry had taken a half day to be home to take care of it and he was so happy...not so much. 

Anyway, after a barrage of intercessory prayers to Miss Courtney and Jerry actually going back to the store where we purchased it, an amazing thing happened. They found it. Phew. Come Thursday, there will be hot water once more. 

Thanks Courtney. Mama and Daddy appreciate the help.

Well, my girl wasn't done with me yet. As I headed up to see my Mama to have dinner with her, I got a call I was not expecting. A few weeks ago, I interviewed for an actual big girl job. I didn't think I would get it. I truly didn't I had a shot. There were several qualified applicants, some more qualified than myself I thought. 

Well, I got the job. 

When I got off the phone, I wept. I mean I just lost it. All I thought about was how different my life is now that Courtney is in heaven. I thought about saying goodbye to the two sweet angels I have had the privilege to love and care for these last several months. There would be no more glue and glitter. Then, I thought about the people I would be able to serve in this new position and I knew it's what I am supposed to do in this new season of life. 

My new position is as Director of Liturgy for my parish. It is a HUGE job that requires many different skills but the top three are flexibility, empathy and organization. I will be working with grieving families and will have direct contact with the entire congregation over the course of time. It's a full-time gig that is overwhelming and scary on one hand but on the other, exactly where God needs me right now. 

I have not worked outside the home in twenty-five years. That's a long time to be in yoga pants. 

God doesn't call the equipped. He equips the called

As I shared my news with my Mom, she was so sweet and supportive. She said "It's time to launch Mary Beth. It's time for you to spread your magic of encouragement, kindness and joy no matter what's happening in your life. Love with a smile."

I love my Mommy. She is so kind.

After dinner we saw the movie "Woodlawn". Oh my gosh y'all what a powerful movie. What a tremendous message of faith and perseverance. Go see it!! So very good. 

During the movie, I heard my Dad and my daughter speak to me though some of the dialogue. It was a moment of truth for me. I knew it was time to move on and step outside my comfort zone. It was time to face my fear and embrace a new life. 

Of course it would be on the anniversary of Courtney's death that my path would change direction. I should be used to it by now. 


Printable Prayer found here....

Today, is the eight year anniversary of this blog. Eight years  in which I have shared some of the deepest and most intimate moments of my life. I have shared the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. With Gods help, you and I have built community here in this space and I am so very happy to have you along for the ride. 

What a ride it has been. 

I chose the Feast of Sts. Simon and Jude to start this blog since St. Jude has been my families Patron Saint for three generations now. He is the patron saint of hopeless causes. He is the patron saint of families as well. He has stayed close by our side Courtney's whole life and is very much present to this day. 

This day. A day of new beginnings. It is time for a little detour, a new way of being, a new  direction. 

Due to the sensitivity of my new position, wanting to protect my co-workers privacy, my fellow parishioners privacy as well as ad hear to my Diocese social media guidelines, things here will be changing a bit. 

Not to worry, I will still be posting occasionally. I will need to back away from sharing so openly about my daily experiences though. It's just how it has to be. I am grateful I don't have to take this blog down in total. Change is hard but it is the spice of life. 

I will pop in and let you know when I have a speaking gig and of course I will keep you informed about the book and it's progress. 

So my friends, I will complete 31 days to Whole and then my posting schedule will slow down considerably after that. You can follow my daily goings on over at my Facebook page or on Twitter and Instagram.  

Thanks for sharing this journey with me. I am forever blessed by each of you, your prayer support and your constant encouragement.

Let's do this shall we... 

Blessings, 



Labels: , , , , , , ,