31 days to whole ~ day two ~ setting goals and sticking to them...


You can find the intro post to my 31 days to whole series here. It's a great place to start. 

Day Two ~ Setting goals and sticking to them. 

Planning. Goal setting. List making. Brainstorming. This is my happy place. 

My Type-A perfectionist personality welcomes any and all opportunities to make my daily life more simple. Since the concept behind this 31 Days to Whole is to remove the stigma of food and restore some emotional balance to my universe when it comes to food, setting some realistic goals is a must.  

I have spent the last month thinking about these things and praying that I am on the right path in addressing them. You will notice weight loss is not my main goal. This goes much deeper than that. 

My goals in these 31 days are:

1. To examine my daily eating habits, paying close attention to what I eat and the quality/nutritional value of that food.

2. To examine why I tend toward emotional overeating and what those triggers are.

3. Reset my taste buds and lower my glycemic load by cooking natural, whole foods (locally sourced as much as possible) from scratch, thereby forgoing fast food/pre-packaged of any kind. 

4. Re-ignite my love of cooking using new flavorful recipes. 

5. Return to my menu planning roots, thereby spending less and never going hungry. This also helps me to make the healthiest choices possible for me and my family. 

That's it. This is what I want to do. These goals sound so simple and yet each one has layers of emotional crud going back decades, especially the emotional overeating. So it will take time to work my way through all of this. 

I'm off to a good start though. At least I feel like I am.

Todays HUGE revelation was to place a decaf Chai Tea bag in a cup of almond milk and microwave it. Instant Chai Tea Latte WHole 30 style. It's like a slice of pumpkin pie. Perfect for my wicked sweet tooth. 

I am learning it's the simple things that make me the happiest. 

I have also started journaling everyday. This is something I used to do before starting this blog but have fallen out of the habit of doing. It's been helpful as I figure out some of my emotional overeating triggers. 

Another thing I did was put MyFitness Pal on my phone at the suggestion of my health coach Katie (Hey Cuz!). It has been helpful to pay attention to calories in and calories out. I also check in with Katie twice a week or whenever I may be struggling. It's another layer of support. 

What is your favorite Whole 30/Whole Food recipe/aid? Any tricks that you have for me? Happy to hear them all. 

Labels: , , , , ,