31 days to whole ~ day 9 ~ when mary crashes hard...


I knew the day would come during this little adventure, when that "hard crash" would happen. I mean, stop eating sugar and my body is not going to be happy with the withdrawal. 

I knew it was just a matter of time when I hit the brick wall. I was dreading it but knew it could not be avoided.

Today was that day. 

Woah nelly Mama needs a cupcake...pronto.

I know, I know. That's the worse thing I could do but wowza did I feel like ick today. No energy, totally run down and feeling utterly exhausted without any reason to feel that way. 

I felt like I had climbed a mountain and believe me when I say the only mountain I have conquered lately is the laundry. 

I increased my Vitamin C and added in Complex B vitamins to help me get over the hump. There will be an early bedtime tonight as well. 

I will continue to move forward with making better food choices and watching my calorie intake. I love not feeling bloated and out of sorts because of what I have eaten. That is my chief motivating factor right now. How I feel after I eat. 

I have already determined that gluten flour/pasta is really not my friend. I have known this for a while but I tested negative to celiac, so I tried again. 

No mas good. Total bloating, mood swings, and general blech within an hour after I eat it. 

My Doc says it's a sensitivity and to be aware of it. It's more a simple carb problem with my hypoglycemia so my sugar intake is the big thing as well as smaller more frequent meals. I just feel so much better when I eat that way. 

I guess it's time to learn how to live and cook a different way.


There you have it friends. I will just keep moving forward and hopefully at the end of these 31 days, I will have a little more direction and determination to keep up these new healthier habits. 

We shall see what tomorrow brings.   

Just keeping it real. 



Labels: , , ,