what i wore ~ basic black splattered with color...


Happy Sunday Y'all! 

It's a beautiful summer day here in NoVa. Jerry and I served as Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion at Mass this morning. It always amazes me that I have the privilege of participating in such a manner with the distribution of Our Lord during Mass. 

I always make sure I look my best when I am an EM. I love what Kendra had to say about why dressing up is important.
 I could not agree more with her observations. I to have spent more than enough time in yoga pants shlepping around. These days I take a little more time and pay closer attention to what I wear and how it affects how I feel. There is definitely a correlation between the two. 

This week I wore a Calvin Kline number what reminds me of a Jackson Pollack painting. Not an exact match mind you but in my mind, close enough. I have had this little number for a bit of time, but this was the first time I actually wore it. By that I mean, I have lost enough weight to actually zip the sucker. WoohOO!


 Today I accessorized in basic black but you can imagine all the colors I could use with a dress like this one. It can also be worn year round since the base color is black. Add sweater, necklace, earrings and shoes and bam...we are ready to go. The classic cut of the dress with it's empire waist and flared skirt, it is easy to dress up or down. All in all a good choice from the Lord and Taylor sale rack. 


The shoes are Rag and Bone, probably purchased at DSW at some point in the last three years. I have no idea. I just know that they are chic and comfy. My disco ball toes have been with me for a month now. Gotta love a pedicure that stays. 

Last but not least what I wore last Sunday before heading off to NYC. Again, in my closet, nothing new, just new here in this space. It's a cotton knit jersey dress that has spaghetti straps, so for Mass I added a sweater. Orange flats that mimic the orange leaves on the dress and done and done. Off to Jesus we go. 

I hope you come back tomorrow because this week we have FIVE days of videos answering your questions. There will be laughter aplenty. On Friday, my son Jonathan makes a rare appearance on this blog answering your questions as well so you don't want to miss it. 

See you then!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

help pay off medical debt from caring for our beautiful Courtney  

Our new goal is $3,209.00 which will eliminate the balance on a credit card used for Courtney's PT, OT and Feeding therapies and supplies used over the last five years. We have raised $780 of it so far. Only $2429.00 to go to pay this one off. If we can raise the full amount, we can pay it off and be that much closer to our larger goal. One thing at a time. Thank you so much for your help. 

The entire medical debt is extensive, now approx. $67,3000. It's a lot and will take years to whittle down. Anything helps. Anything. So, I will keep it at the bottom of my posts for awhile. You all have already given so much to our family. Our prayers are with you and we are so very grateful. We can never repay that kindness. So thank you...just thank you. If you would like our mailing address, please just email me at mary_romance@cox.net and I will send it.

Labels: ,