what i wore ~ the summer of the dress...


I used to never wear dresses. I was a shorts and skirts girl for decades. I happen to have a very long waist so dresses that fit were tough to find. 

Now my body shape is different thanks to babies and time. I have embraced the empire waist, the maxi, the tunic and the a-line dress. They are light comfortable and feminine. They are also easy to accessorize. 




This week I wore two different dresses that were the perfect choices for hot, humid, sumer days. First up is this ice blue cotton number with a draw string waist. Right now it's not really drawn in (think ice cream. too much ice cream) but as I lose that middle fluff, I can still wear this number and make it work with that drawstring. 

This morning I wore a dress from the 6thAve line at Lane Bryant. It's a layered a-line that skims over all my lumps and bumps without any assistance from Spanx. Too darn hot for Spanx. I love the flow of it and the exposed gold zipper down the back is a nice modern detail. 



I wore the same pair of shoes with both. They are from Lane Bryant. I have had them for a season or two. I love the  beading and the cushioned soles makes them a summer staple for me. 



If you are going to be at edel15 next weekend you will see these beauties. Plus maybe a crazy heel or two. I cannot thank the anonymous individuals that made this trip possible for me. It's not something even remotely possible for me right now as we pay down Miss Courtney's medical debt, so please know how much your kindness means to me. I am just so darn happy to be going.  

Let me know in the comments if you're going. I cannot wait to meet you there.

Happy 4th!!

help pay off medical debt from caring for our beautiful Courtney  

Our new goal is $3,209.00 which will eliminate the balance on a credit card used for Courtney's PT, OT and Feeding therapies and supplies used over the last five years. If we can raise this amount, we can pay it off and be that much closer to our larger goal. One thing at a time. Thank you so much for your help. 

The entire medical debt is extensive, approx. $71,000. It's a lot and will take years to whittle down. Anything helps. Anything. So, I will keep it at the bottom of my posts for awhile. You all have already given so much to our family. Our prayers are with you and we are so very grateful. We can never repay that kindness. So thank you...just thank you. If you would like our mailing address, please just email me at mary_romance@cox.net and I will send it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go take a photo and join us won't you? Head on over to FineLinenandPurple and link up. Then you can head over here to Watch What I'm Wearing, celebrating modesty and fashion, Tucker Upand The Pleated Poppy. It's a party!

Labels: