sandboxes and sweet exhaustion...




A beautiful busy day here at Chez Lenaburg. Even while the clouds hovered, it was a very good day. It felt good to keep moving from one activity to another. I had my two little four year old sweethearts for the day. We headed out west for a play date with a friend of mine and her gang.

By 10:30 a.m. there were six kids, ages nine down to four, putting on plays in the family room, playing with baby dolls, dressing up, building Legos, bouncing on trampolines and building sand castles out in the sand box. All while my friend and I watched and cheered and chatted and finally cleaned up. 

It was a beautiful exhaustion I felt while driving away from her home. I have not felt that in a very long time. Thanks Cath for your hospitality and caring. Thanks to your awesome crew for taking my sweeties in and making them part of the gang for the day. 

This evening the hubs and I headed out for a quick dinner date before seeing Pitch Perfect 2. I know, I know, we could have chosen so much better. Next time. No real plot and the singing was not as good as in the last movie.  I still laughed at the potty humor because we all know I am really a ten year old. When we were walking out I told Jerry what a horrible movie it was. 

Hubby looked at me and said with a straight face "It came in like a wrecking ball...(referencing the movies opening scene). I almost tripped over my feet laughing so hard. 

We stopped at the Barnes and Noble, because of course no date is complete without a trip to the book store. After we perused the shelves and added several titles to our library list/Christmas wish list/Birthday wish list, we headed to the cafe for a little dessert. 

I thought I would try one of their new brownies. It was called a Spicy Malted Chocolate Chipotle Brownie. Jerry shook his head and chuckled. "You're going to regret that."

I told him I had seen so many chefs mix chipotle and chocolate hundreds of times on the Food Network, it was time I took a walk on the wild side. 

Note to self...listen to your husband. He be smart. 

I took one bite and wowza, my mouth was on fire. The brownie had a chalky texture and all I could taste was the chipotle. Why or why would one mess up a perfectly good brownie? I mean why screw with perfection? Those chef's on the Food Network be cray cray! 

Betty Crocker must be rolling over in her grave. 

How was your Friday? 

Labels: