{p,h,f,r}...vol. 5...the "new" family photos...



StevieTPhotography
After last weeks awesomeness, we finally got to have our photos taken for the Create Love Project. We decided to meet our fabulous photographer Stevie T in Annapolis, MD where our love story began 29 years ago. I will admit we were all nervous and my boys were not really excited to have these "new" family photos taken. Heck, they are not fans of having any formal photography done. 


StevieTPhotography
Stevie met us at the waterfront and we headed on into the Naval Academy grounds. It was the perfect night. 70 degrees and a breeze coming off the water. Just what this girl needed. 



StevieTPhotography
She just told us to be natural and so we walked around and chatted. Jerry told her our blind date story of how we met. I just laughed and jonathan occasionally rolled his eyes at his parents being mushy with one another. Every few minutes we would stop and she would photograph us. Needless to say, my guys goofed around as much as they stopped and smiled. 


StevieTPhotography
We brought a few things that Jonathan chose that reminded him of Courtney. We wanted her with us but left it up to Stevie as to how to make that happen. We chose her orange chucks, a favorite photograph of Courtney, the #lovealwayswins sign and embroidery hoop, her favorite book "The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" that Jonathan would read to her all the time as well as her favorite stuffy "Crush" the turtle. 



StevieTPhotography
We told stories laughed, told more stories and laughed some more. It was just what the doctor ordered. We spent almost two hours together and Stevie was just so wonderful to work with. She asked questions about Courtney and we felt so comfortable sharing our girl with her. She was a gift to us and we will be forever grateful for this experience. 


StevieTPhotography
Thanks to Cari who nominated us for the Create Love Project. Girlfriend I can never say enough "thank you's". Truly. We have been triple blessed. 


StevieTPhotography

You can check out more photos on my instagram feed

So there we have this weeks {pretty, happy, funny, real}. I hope y'all have  a great weekend. I am off to Ohio with 40 of my closest teenage friends for a week of work camp. Yeehaw! 

I will post on Sunday and then things will be a bit quite until my return on June 28. I may be able to post or may not. I will do my best to keep y'all in the loop as I always do. 

Have a fab week!!



~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~


Labels: , , , ,