still fighting...

Update at 12:34 p.m.Monday afternoon:
Apparently God has way too much confidence in me to deal with insane life situations. Jerry just came home from work with a fever, promptly vomited and is now in bed. Seriously Lord?? I mean really?? Prayers would be welcome. 




"The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit."
- Psalm 34:18, NAB


Well we are not crushed in spirit here this morning, just a little tired OK, maybe a LOT tired. I take heart from the song above this morning. My girl is here because God so desires it. She will go to Him when He calls her. 

We thought that was going to be yesterday. 

Miss Courtney proved once more that she is a fighter of the highest order. She gave us a run for the money yesterday. Seizures, not breathing at least twice, plus peeing once in 24 hours. None of these things are good by themselves but together, well, that just creates a whopper of a bad day. 

Jerry made it to Mass. I did not. By midnight all was calm and well and Miss Courtney was seizure free and sleeping. Mama felt like an 18 wheeler had run over her then backed up and did it again.

This is where we are right now. Things change on a dime and I never know what direction it's going to go in, so I just hang on for the ride. 

I hade planned to put up our artificial tree today but I think I may wait until Jerry is home to help. My exhaustion does not bode well for being able to have a tree stand nice and straight. 

Thanks for all the emails, FB messages, tweets and comments asking about how you could give Jonathan a little love bomb for the holidays, since we will not be exchanging gifts due to many different circumstances. You can find the links below. More info is here. 

Now it's time for a nap. Love to you all!

Labels: