sewage and pinched nerves...oh the glory...


If your happy and you know it clap your hands...unless that act makes it feel as if a hot knife is being plunged through your bicep and neck. Oh yeah baby, this Chica woke up yesterday morning with a pinched nerve in my neck and a swollen deeply bruised bicep muscle due to my not so smart navigating through Courtney's doorjamb while carrying her to bed last night.

I didn't really think about it when it happened. I said ouch and then went on about my business, until I tried to actually use my right arm yesterday morning. Not good. Not good at all. Once I got checked out to make sure nothing was broken or dislocated, I grabbed coffee, muscle relaxers and found my way to my chair with a heating pad.

Fortunately for me, I hold Miss Courtney with my left arm so we got some good snuggling in. She even smiled and giggled for me. What a gift. 


As for the sewage situation, it is all fixed. Wow what a mess. I have never appreciated modern plumbing more, than in this last few days. The joys of a hot shower and flushing camode are a thing of beauty let me tell you! Laura Ingalls Wilder just became and even bigger hero to me. Wowza! No outhouse for me thank you very much. 

As always I am amazed at how God turned that situation around for us. He is one amazing God. Thank you for prayers, love and financial support. The funeral bill is taken care of as is the casket. We have also been able to take care of a few longstanding medical bills which has been a great relief to us. There is still much to do financially but I know we will figure it all out in time. We always do. 



As for Miss Courtney, she is tolerating her new formula well. No gastro distress or discomfort so far. Unfortunately, her weight is still dropping a few ounces each day. To be expected but hard to watch nonetheless. She is happy though and seems very calm most times. Her favorite things are snuggling with Mama and being read to by Daddy. Big Brother always takes the prize though, because no matter what is going on, when he walks in the room, she is all smiley, googly eyes adoring. Some things never change. 

It is a beautiful fall day. I think it might rain at some point but no matter. My birthday garden is going strong. Today's Mass readings contain my favorite verse...Phil 4:13..."I can do all thing with Him who strengthens me." I know the coming weeks will be difficult and stressful but I also know I do not walk this path alone. 


My God is with me, so who can be against me. I found this song this morning on my iPod. "I Am" sung by Jill Phillips has always been one of my favorites. God is constant...He is always with me. For that I am so grateful. 

Enjoy this day my friends ad ALL that comes with it. Live it to the fullest. I know we will. 


"We humbly thank you for any help paying Courtney's extensive medical bills 
and taking care of her final arrangements**

GoFundME 
We Love the Lenaburgs - Team Courtney Fundraiser

PayPal

Labels: ,