what i wore ~ vol. 64...


Ahhhh the Lord's Day is upon us once more and today it feels like Fall here in Northern VA. 

The sun is shining and I have opened the windows to allow a breath of fresh air into our home. I love this time of year. I truly do. It encompasses all my favorite things. Football, apple pie, applesauce making, pumpkin bread with walnuts and mini-chocolate chips, beef stew, roladen, hot chocolate with marshmallows, wearing hand knits and not perspiring in them, boots, jeans and lots of pretty  scarves.


The leaves are turning and the breeze is blowing and it is just beautiful. I believe Anne of Green Gables got it right when she said "I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.

Yes, I know it is just September but that means that October comes next. That is something to be very thankful for. 


So let's talk a little fashion shall we, because who doesn't love a five inch hot pink platform heel to just make an outfit sing for the Lord. I know I do. LOL!

Last week, I was up late one night and as is my custom, I was trolling through the Nordstroms website looking at shoes. The SJP line is just spectacular and if they were a smidge wider across the bridge of my foot OR say $300 less a pair, I might own them all. Just kidding...or not. Anyway, I saw this pair of hot pink five inch heals and squealed for joy. I love color and fabulous shoes, so this was the perfect combo. I threw the photo up on FB and said "Don't these shoes say, come dance with me?"

This started a FB thread about shoes and like and dislikes, shoes sizes and how hard it was to find certain types of shoes, etc. Needless to say, three days later these fabulous shoes shoes up on my doorstep via the UPS man with a note from the most wonderful KH "Anything I can do to put a smile on your face. Enjoy."


Whaaattt????

I cried. I slipped these beauties on and danced. The sweetness and generosity of you beautiful people astounds me and just makes me so happy to be human. I don't even have words to describe the messages of love and outpouring of encouragement we have received this week. You all know how to make a gurl feel loved. SO thank you KH for your fabulous taste in shoes. I wear them today in your honor. 

Since the shoes are a fabulous pink, I kept everything else understated with black and white. I have Youth MInistry tonight while big brother holds down the fort with Miss Courtney, so comfort is also in the equation. 



Absolutely nothing here is new, except the shoes. It's all been showcased here in What I Wore before, accept I don't think I have ever paired this clutch with these pants before. KH's gift pushed me to take a walk on the wild side today and I have to say I like it. It's bold. It's pretty. It sums up how I feel in this outfit. 

I mean I feel like I could run for a mile in this outfit...shoes included. 



LOL! I know, I know, cheesy...but I had to try. I mean check that balance baby. Ah.may.sing. 

Just sayin. This gurl got skilzzz...

September also happens to be my birthday month. On September 25, I will turn 47 years old. With everything happening with Miss Courtney, somehow that 47 years feels a little heavier than in the past. Someone asked me yesterday how I felt about the possibility that my girl might go to heaven on my birthday. I took a deep breath and felt nothing but joy. I answered honestly, "It would be a great gift to me, for her suffering to be over, wether it be that day or any other."

I mean that from the bottom of my heart. My daughter deserves a beautiful and peaceful send off to her beloved Lord no matter what day that falls on. This month, next month, the month after. We have prepared ourselves as best we can and we are surrounding her with lots of love and laughter everyday. She is being held and sung to, stories are being read and when she needs to sleep, she is snuggled in her favorite blankets, made by the hands of those who have spent 22 years loving her. 



Courtney's sweatshirt says it all. Thank you, Thank you, Thank You. It is a beautiful, peaceful time in our home and I would not have it any other way. The doors are open to those who need to say their goodbyes and she smiles for each one, always leaving room for a miracle if God so chooses. She is a gift to me and to her daddy and big brother. We are the ones who are blessed beyond measure to make this journey with her.

Happy Sunday!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PS. Nothing yet for Jerry on the job front. His last day is Sept 19 unless he finds another spot within the company. Please pray with us and ask St. Joseph's intercession on Jerry's behalf. 

PSS. With his impending lay-off, we have the PayPal button open as well as the GoFundME to assist in paying those bills. The total rose this week and is now around $6750 in what we will need to pay. That's with three of the hospital visits. There is one more set of bills coming. Thanks for your kindness!!

PSSS. Jesus We Trust In YOU!!

**way's to help with Courtney's medical costs/daily care expenses**

We Love the Lenaburgs - Team Courtney Fundraiser

PayPal
         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go take a photo and join us won't you? Head on over to FineLinenandPurple and link up. Then you can head over here to Watch What I'm Wearing, celebrating modesty and fashionI'm also over at Sunday Style @ Plane Pretty , Tucker UpGet Your Pretty On and The Pleated Poppy. It's a party!

Labels: ,