what i wore ~ vol. 60...


Hey Friends, 

Well, here we are agian. Sunday has rolled around once more and today I sought out the most stretchy thing I could find that I could still breathe in to wear to Mass. All I can say is thank the Lord for Spanx because with all the emotional and stress filled snacking this Mama has done lately, it's the only way I am buttoning anything. 

I see my face in this photo and I look tired, no make-up, and I don't think I knew where my glasses were when Jerry took this photo on my phone. 

Miss Courtney is not herself today. It was a long night with lots of back rubbing and singing so I am a bit worse for were this afternoon. Not to worry though, sleep will come early tonight and Papa will take the night shift if necessary. 


I am wearing a Lauren dress from Macy's. I have had it for a while. The shoes are also Ralph Lauren as well, bought at a major discount of course. The earrings were gifted to me. They are BabubleBar. All in all comfy and cool for an August Sunday morning.  

Courtney stayed home from Mass since she wasn't feeling well. Big Brother stayed with her so Jerry and I could get to Mass. 

It was a lovely morning and the readings really spoke to me. With everything going on these days it was a wonderful reminder that the Lord provides ALL we need, when we need it.  I smiled through the readings and the psalm. When we got to the loaves and fishes gospel story, I almost laughed out loud but managed to restrain myself. 

Yes, Lord. I hear you loud and clear. You are in charge. ALL will be taken care of in time. 

Now to just keep putting one foot in front of the other, doing our best for our girl. We will face each challenge as it comes seeking guidance and wisdom for the One above. 

One day at a time. 

To those of you who have asked, Miss Courtney does not qualify for hospice right now. We have some time before that happens. As we get closer to the end of this journey with her, we will make those decisions. 

Of course there is always the possibility that the Good Lord will swoop in and change the outcome as He has before. I really don't think that will happen this time but only time will tell. For now I will be caring for Courtney as I have every day for the last 21 years. Family and close friends will cover respite if we need it and everything we will figure out as we go along. 

For others who have asked what they can do...pray, hope and don't worry. God's got this. Of that I have no doubt. 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go take a photo and join us won't you? Head on over to FineLinenandPurple and link up. Then you can head over here to Watch What I'm Wearing, celebrating modesty and fashionI'm also over at Sunday Style @ Plane Pretty , Tucker UpGet Your Pretty On and The Pleated Poppy. It's a party!

Labels: ,