let's party...


Yesterday was amazing. Just amazing. 

Our back yard was decked out as never before, filled to the brim with cards, decorations and lots, and lots of peaple. Eighty or so to be exact. More people than we have ever had here at once. EVER!

I told Jerry that if I saw one drop of rain I was going to have a stroke right then and there!


Thankfully God took pity on me and gave us a spectacular day of sun and a light breeze and low humidity. It was a stunning day. I could not have asked for better. 


Miss Courtney was surrounded the entire day by people who love her something fierce. Her cousin talked with her, her aunt and uncles brought hugs and kisses, and YOU CRAZY AWEOME PEOPLE showered my girl with such incredible love through your pictures, posters, cards and crazy creativeness.  


There were flowers, both real and tissue paper ones. Hamburgers, hot dogs, cakes and cookies. Lots of side dishes to share brought by all who came. 

It was crazy awesome good. 


For the first time one over nine years ALL of my siblings were in the same place at the same time. We might have had a little fun with it. Maybe. The only person who could motivate ALL of my siblings to be on one place for more than five minutes was my father. Now that he is with God, my Courtney has taken over that roll. The force is strong with my girl and when she calls or is in trouble, they all come no matter what. 

It is the gift of a large family to be loved and challenged by so many. 


There are eight of us all born within ten years. This year my big brother turned 48 in May and my little sister will be 38 in November. We are loud and crazy and experts in everything. We will battle you to the death if we think we are right. The Irish/German combo creates quite the strong personality. We are all alike yet so very different. I love each of them and I don't know who I would be today without them. 


We were also able to get a photo of my girl with her Godparents, my brother Richard and my BFF from H.S./College, Sharon. It was a special day for sure. My Courtney even kept her head straight even if her eyes were closed. I am just so happy we got the shot. 


I have to give a HUGE shout out to the BEST blog readers on the planet for all the love that is still arriving via the US Postal service. Courtney's actual birthday is tomorrow and we cannot wait to spend the day celebrating the life of one so very special. 

I cannot end this post without another shout out or two. To my BFF Sharon O. You were such a godsend yesterday, I don't know what I would have done without you and your hubby Jeff. You both showed up and just made it happen. SO grateful my friend. So very grateful for you help AND for your love of Miss Courtney. She could not have a better Godmother. 

Also, I would be remiss without saying a HUGE thank you to my friend Andrea, who took all these beautiful photos so I could be fully present to my guest and family. 

I will be sharing more photos throughout the week. This party's just getting started. 

Blessings one and all, 

Labels: ,