what i wore sunday ~ vol. 49 ~ the easter 2014 edition...


Happy Easter!!

He is Risen!! He has Risen indeed!!

I absolutely LOVE this day. It's one of my favorites of the year. The beauty of the liturgy, the music, and celebrating the absolute JOY of the Risen LORD! Then there is all the food and celebration which I have been preparing for for days and finally the outfit. 


When I was growing up I always got a new dress at Easter. It was so fun to go to the "BIG" mall with my mom and pick out something fancy for the special day. Usually pink until my love of blue superseded by the third grade. 

This year my outfit came from Dress Barn and JCPenney's with the shoes from DSW. I was quite happy with the result especially since the dress was in a SMALLER size! Score. 


Miss Courtney wore a knit dress from the Joe Fresh line at Penney's and a hot pink sweater form the Gap. I think she was pretty comfy. 

This year we attended the Easter Vigil as a family. I know it was kind of crazy given the length of the service, but I do love it so and Miss Courtney was in a good place so we took a shot. 


Courtney fell asleep after the second reading and I ended up holding her in my lap for the remainder of the service. I didn't mind a bit. 


Since we went to Vigil Mass, this morning was nice and slow. My Mom had invited us several weeks ago to come her way for the day. She promised that I wouldn't have to do a thing, since I have hosted Christmas and Easter for the last ten years. She instructed me that I wouldn't be allowed to even do the dishes. 


Well sign me up sister! I am so there. I was so happy I danced in my new to me sweater and denim skirt. The hot pink flats you have seen before, came from DSW. LOVE them!

My Mama loves me so. She knew things had been tough these last two weeks and she just wanted to give me a moment or three to rest. I learned to love and care for my family from the BEST example there could ever be. 

There was the BONUS of having my little sister join us. It was a beautiful afternoon. Miss Courtney wore her Christmas gift from my Mom. She looked so cute. 


I love you Mom. Thanks for the most wonderful Easter meal I have had in many years. You took such good care of all of us today. I am honored and so blessed to be your daughter. 

Truly I am. 

Happy Easter and may you all have a FABULOUS week!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go take a photo and join us won't you? Head on over to FineLinenandPurple and link up. Then you can head over here to Carolyn @ CCMMCFee What I Wore to Church,  Watch What I'm Wearing, celebrating modesty and fashionI'm also over at Sunday Style @ Plane Pretty , Tucker UpMonday Bloom @ DC in Style and The Pleated Poppy. It's a party!



DCinStyle


Perspective} WIW to church

Labels: