7 Quick Takes ~ 2014...vol. 2

Time for a little link-up with Jen @ Conversion Diary.

#1
This week began with a little dusting of ice and tomorrow there is supposed to be more snow. Yay...not so much...

This was the view form my front window. Not a leaf in sight, just icicles everywhere. Bbrrrr...


#2
Miss Courtney is going through a rough patch right now. Yesterday and last night were nothing short of exhausting between the seizures and the lack of sleep. Miss C finally settled down around 3 a.m. and is just now stirring. If her hair is any indication, we are in for one heck of a day. Yikes!


#3
I had to run out this morning to get a few things for Miss C. I will apologize now for anyone who had to witness this little trip to the Walmart. My hair was wet, I had yoga pants on and these little numbers on my feet...


No, I am not kidding. Yes, they are my slippers. I was desperate, caffeine deprived and not thinking straight, hence this hideous fashion faux pax. Thank goodness I was only out of the house for about 20 minutes. The world just cannot handle me today. Trust me on that.

#4
Thankfully balance in the force has been restored. See photo evidence below.


I have the Walmart Valentines Day display, my french press (since the coffee maker gave up the ghost) and my milk frothier to thank for this beautiful and glorious moment in my day. I know that that I can face anything that will happen today...I think.

#5
Yesterday, I made two loaves of banana bread. A mama loaf and a baby loaf. I feel very accomplished. It's about all I could muster in the joy department yesterday.


#6
Here is a little peek into the convoluted state of my brain right now. I am so scattered and unfocused these days my friends. There is knitting, reading, menu planning, nose blowing, head cold containment, and more knitting and more reading...I can't make up my mind as to what I should focus on...sigh...


#7
The Olympics begin tonight. Social media has been aflame with photos of how horrid the conditions are, so we shall see how it goes. It's one of my favorite things to watch. Go TEAM USA!!



Head on over to Conversion Diary for more fun! 

Labels: , ,