understanding HIS plan...


This is a very hard post to write.

Not because of Miss Courtney. She is actually doing better. Still pooping icky things and hacking up her left lung BUT things are draining and her fever has been gone for 48 hours now so I am hoping that by Wednesday we will be in a much better place with her. So far her lungs are clear and that is a good thing as well.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your prayers and good wishes. They sustain us in the middle of the night when she is up coughing her heart out...they truly do...

This post is hard to write because my heart is breaking for my sweet sister-in-law Nancy and my baby brother Andrew. They were preparing to joyfully announce the upcoming birth of Baby #5 and then over the course of the last few weeks something went wrong.

This morning they received the devastating news. After intensive pre-natal testing we now know that Nancy is carrying a precious baby daughter with Trisomy 18, a genetic abnormality which is fatal in most cases. Indications are that the placenta is already disintegrating and that their little girl will be delivered in the coming weeks.

Nancy and Andy are devastated. I am devastated for them. Nancy said this morning "This baby was conceived in love and we will love her wether she is here with us or not. I understand that God allows things for a reason but it doesn't make this easier."

Those of us who suffered miscarriage or devastating pre-natal diagnosis know all too well the emotional turmoil Nancy is experiencing. They will name the baby in the coming days.

My dear readers you have sustained Miss Courtney and my family through so much, now I ask for prayers for my sister-in-law and brother. They have been blessed with four beautiful children to love and care for. Their eldest, AJ, will receive his First Communion in two weeks.

So prayers for Nancy physical and emotional helath. Prayers for the other children to deal with this loss.  They know there was a new baby coming. For Andy and Nancy to make wise choices on how to handle her delivery and remembrance of her sweet little life.

Thanks to each of you. I am praying for all of you who have sent prayer requests our way in the last few weeks. They have helped keep me focused and prevented me from entering the self-pity cycle I can get stuck in. Thank you for trusting me with your hearts. I am honored to prayer for all of you.

Now I will add this prayer intention as well.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away...blessed be the name of the Lord...

Labels: