because I just ate half a bag of Doritos...

If you ever want to hear God laugh...just tell him your plans...He has been laughing at me all day today...my day started with a lovely 90 minute drive on the beltway heading into MD with the wheelchair van...why?...because my life is never without some sort of drama...when we were coming home from the ER on Sunday...the wheelchair lift broke...as in we could not get Courtney into the van without using the manual override...imagine Jerry straddling Courtney in her wheelchair to climb into the front seat...to get out the passenger side door to close the van side doors...quite the visual I know...anyway...so the wheelchair lift is now fixed to the tune of $300 smakaroos...yea!...then while I was waiting for the technician to finish with the repair my mother calls...she's sick...really sick...sounds horrid...normally I would be driving up to her house with homemade chicken soup...but no today...can't take any chances with Miss Courtney's immune system that doesn't exist...the kicker is she's supposed to watch Court this weekend while Jerry and I are at our parishes youth retreat...ummm...is that laughter I hear...oh yea...God is enjoying this...so Jerry will go and I will stay...and my mother will get better in time...with lots of rest...but no soup...sorry Mom...by the time I got home form my morning adventure...Miss Courtney had wet through EVERYTHING...yea!...seven more loads of laundry for me...so in defiance of all things healthy and good for you...I indulged in the time honored tradition of emotionally overeating junk food...my weapon of choice today...nacho cheese Doritos...it's real cheese you know...the package says so...while indulging in my toxic snack habits I turn on the tube and see Martha Stewart on "TheChew" making a chocolate cake...I want chocolate cake...I really want chocolate cake...instead I will have another handful of Doritos...no judging...now you know why I don't really drink...if I did...well let's just say the "tipsy-on-Margarita's-so-I-stripped-when-having-a-hot-flash-then-ordered-Chinese-food-only-to-answer-the-door-naked-before-my-husband-threw-a-robe-on-me-in-mortal-embarrassment" story would become all to common in this household...hey...what did I say about judging...go eat some Doritos...I hear they are made with real cheese...

Labels: