maditude adjustment...

yep...you read that right...this morning I woke up on the wrong side of the bed...you know the one...the weary, frustrated, annoyed, crawling out of my skin I have been in my house too long side...so I got up and actually got dressed...in something other than pajama's...I got Courtney dressed...in something other than pajama's...my son said something to me and I responded with "You know this isn't a hotel"...and off we went...blood work first...it took two sticks...I hate when it takes two sticks...Courtney gave the nurse the "fishy face"...pursed lips and then she kicked her...great start to my day...then we went to Mass...I love Mass...Jesus is there and all is right with the world...there are hugs and "I'm praying for you's"...happy time...peaceful time...then off to the grocery store to pick up meds and a few other things...Courtney is annoyed...she hasn't sat this long since her biopsy...I tell her I'm sorry but we need to get the meds...waiting in line at the pharmacy I look down and one of her boots is missing...crap, crap, crap...I get out of line and rome a few aisles before finding it in the vitamin aisle hanging off a display for "Power C"...yea right...was she trying to prove a point..."Power C"???...I have enough of that thank you very much...I put the boot back on her foot all the while lecturing her about be a "helper" to mommy...she's gives me the "fishy" face...then kicks me...I hold my temper and roll her little butt back into the pharmacy line...she starts yelling...I ignore her...I get the meds...they are happy to see us leave...I get to Starbucks for a MUCH needed boost of caffeine...they are out of lids for the grande and venti cups...I don't care...I will suck it down with a straw just get me the freakin latte...Courtney is singing loudly in the car as we go through the drive-thru...they are happy to see us leave...I get home unload the bags and go back to the van for Courtney...unwittingly locking myself out...I curse...loudly...I stomp my foot...I curse some more...I stomp around to the back of the house hoping my son had forgotten to lock the sliding glass doors as he has done one million times before...it's lock...damn the boy...he actually listened...I curse again...did I mention it feels like five below zero??? It's so flippin cold my hands are turning purple and I can't feel my feet... I go to the garage door and find that it's open...thanks be to God...I trip over a box and land on my hands in the downward dog position...I curse some more...I get into the house go around and un-lock the door...I proceed to get Courtney from the wheelchair van where she has been singing loudly to herself for the last twenty minutes...it's cold and I am NOT in a good mood...she flips off her boot AGAIN as I push her up the driveway...I curse again...the boot is still there...I may go get it later...if I feel like it...right now I really don't care...she's inside and warm...and wearing one boot...I need to go back to bed and start over.

Labels: