needle and thREAD...

This week I didn't do any sewing due to the fact that we din't have power for several days and actually moved in with friends so Miss Courtney would not get heat stroke. Trying to avoid the hospital is one of our primary goals these days. Praise God for friends who love us through it all.

This is what awaits me this weekend...


Simplicity 2606, view E is next up for Miss Courtney's summer wardrobe. I have once again lengthened the pattern hoping for decent results. It is always a struggle to find modern and modest skirts that are long enough for her to wear in her wheelchair.

We are still working with the aqua and orange pallet since she has plenty of shoes and sweaters to go with whatever I am making for her. She is also done growing so I know we will be wearing these items for many seasons to come.


I chose the ice blue ICat for the skirt and I am making another top out of the pattern I made her sundress that I shared last week on needle and thREAD. Simplicity 2227 has been a lovely pattern to work with. Simple instructions and lots of options are what I look for when I am purchasing a new pattern.

Since we did not have power, I have spent most evenings knitting washcloths. I have made three now and have gotten pretty good at casting on and off. Of course I have no pictures of those to share. Maybe next week.

Now for what I am reading. I am a HUGE Jacqueline Winspear fan, especially her Maisie Dobbs mysteries. These take place in England after World War I. Winspear's attention to historical detail is impressive. I have been listening to these mysteries on CD's while I clean or am knitting. The last two I listened to were Pardonable Lies and Messenger of Truth The reader of the audio books has a lovely British accent that enriches the listening experience. The language of the time is almost lyrical in nature and the mysteries present some pretty interesting twists. I am really looking forward to listening to the next few books in the series. 

Now to chose a book or two for this next week to read. Any suggestions??

...head on over to In the heart of my Home for more needle and thREAD...Inspiration awaits!

Labels: ,