say cheese...

it has been quite the day...it began well with joy and peace in my heart...and ended with disaster...a cheesy disaster...but first...there were smiles from my girl Court...still amazed at the miracle God is performing in her life once more...she wakes up smiling and is such a joy...laughter is quite common these days...there is much rejoicing in the return of her personality...the girls got spunk I say...so we went to Mass this morning...then went to the store for milk...so far a pretty quiet Monday...then a change of course...my right shoulder began to spasm...pain and tingling...old injury...new pain...then came the migraine...brought me to my knees for about six hours...the drugs and ice pack worked and I was able to make it to my Youth Ministry meeting this evening...I was bringing the food after all...a taco bar...meat, veggies and cheese dip...ooey gooey cheesy dippy wonderfulness...which happened to be in a crock-pot...which happened to be behind the drivers seat...which happened to shift slightly during a rather precarious "oh my gracious I am going to hit the trash truck in front of me because his brake lights don't work" moment on the way to said meeting...what I didn't realize was how much of a shift it was...until I arrived and opened the back door and...SHAZAM!...there was ooey gooey cheesy goodness all over the back floor...I bowed my head and prayed for mercy...because my husband was going to kill me...it was his car...and it smelled like a can of Rotel tomatoes had imploded in it...oh wait...it had...with cheesy goodness...that looked like cat vomit...seriously gross...but God is good and mercy flowed freely...thank you Brian, Billy and Perry for being the rock stars you are and helping me get the car cleaned...I owe three million dozen cookies...I can never repay this debt...they did such a good job that I only had to scrub for 30 minutes or so once I returned home...not only that but in a fit of inspiration as I was lamenting the fact there would be no cheese for the taco bar...my BFF shows up with...you guessed it...real cheese!!...she had no idea what had happened...but God knew I needed a dairy miracle...and she was his messenger of choice...not the crows that came to eat the cheese off the parking lot though...those were the devils instrument...especially the one that flew in through the back window to feast...I didn't appreciate him so much...oh sweet gracious merciful Lord how I love you...and your messengers of cleanliness and dairy products...Monday's...you and I are going to have a talk...not so happy with you my friend...I will never purchase Velveeta again...too many nightmares...say cheese!

no tasty tuesday this week....I need a therapy session to get over my Monday...see you next week...

Labels: